Join us and be a
COLLEGE TOUR CHAPERONE
To be an Educate ME College Tour Chaperone can be a phenomenal experience for the advancement and development for Central Indiana high school students. While on the trip, chaperones have a 24-hour responsibility to supervise the students. Although 24-hour supervision is required for students, trip itineraries vary and if free time is available for the chaperones, it will be arranged while on the trip and is usually in 3-4 hour increments.
As an Educate ME College Tour Chaperone, you will:
- Act as positive role models for the students
- Oversee 10-12 Students
- Be attentive and respectful to all speakers on campus visits and leadership workshops.
- Model the behavior that you expect from your students.
- Monitor behavior of the students. If there is a problem, talk to the student first to determine the appropriate level of corrective action needed.
- Take responsibility for enforcing campus rules and hotel expectations.
- Remember campus officials are used to working with older students. They may not be as prepared as you are to engage younger students.
- If students are split into smaller groups, make sure that at least one chaperone goes with each group.
- Ask appropriate questions from the tour guide/speakers if you don’t think your students’ understand the information. Recruit at least (10 Students) to attend the trip
- Identify 2-3 business for sponsorships
To be an Educate ME College Tour Chaperone can be a phenomenal experience for the advancement and development for students and chaperones alike:
The opportunity to impact students and assist with their college selection process.
Travel expenses paid
Trip expenses including hotel stay, transportation, and meals will be covered.